I review books sent to me by publishers and publicity groups. I do book reviews because I love reading good books and want to encourage people, especially teens and young adults, to read good books too. I will never accept direct cash payment in exchange for a book review. If you would like me to review a book, host a blog tour, conduct an author interview/guest blog post on my blog, please read my review policy below and then email me at email@example.com. I usually reply within three days.
- I enjoy reading and reviewing books from the Young Adult, Teen, Middle Grade, clean Romance, Historical fiction, clean Chick Lit, Christian fiction, Suspense/Thrillers, Dystopian and Memoirs/Biographies genres.
- I do not review books containing homosexual, vampire, erotica, manga, paranormal and supernatural themes. If you send me any unsolicited books with these themes, I will not review it. If you send me review requests for books containing these themes, I will not reply your email.
- I will not review books containing sexually explicit content such as sex scenes. When you send me a book, I’ll assume that it does not contain sexually explicit content. If it does, I will not post a review of it.
- I will consider reviewing books from other genres on a book-by-book basis.
- I accept finished copies, advance reading copies, and uncorrected proof copies (galley proof).
- I do not accept eBooks. If you email me eBooks, I will not respond to your email.
I have a book review schedule. If the book I am reviewing is part of a blog tour, I will always post the review on the assigned date. If you have a specific date you would like me to post the review on, please let me know in your review request email. I make no promises, but will try to accommodate your request if I can. I try to post my reviews in a timely manner, but due to the number of books I receive, I cannot promise a 1-week, 2-week, etc. type of review turnaround. All books on blog tours receive precedence over books that are not on blog tours. All books I requested receive precedence over books I accepted from review pitches.
I rate all books I review based on a 1-5 grid, with 1 meaning that I did not enjoy the book and it wasn’t worth my time, and 5 meaning that I loved the book and will re-read it over and over again. A list of my rating terms can be found on the sidebar at the right. My ratings are my honest opinions. They tell my blog readers how much I enjoy, or do not enjoy, the book.
I post all my reviews in four different sites: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and LibraryThing. I advertise my reviews in two social networking sites: Facebook and Twitter. If you have another book or social networking site you would like me to post/advertise my review, please let me know.
Giveaways, Interviews & Guest Blog Posts
I enjoy giving my blog readers bonuses, so if a copy of the book I review can be available for a giveaway contest or if the author can do an email interview with me or write a guest blog post, it would be a great plus! However, I will still do a book review even if those are not available. I will not give an author interview if I have not read a book by the author.
What You Should Know
- I am under no obligation to publish a book review/author interview/guest blog post or host a blog tour stop unless I agree.
- All book reviews I make are based on my honest opinions and I do not promise a positive review of a book.
- All my book ratings are based on my personal opinions. I do not promise a favorable rating. I want to like your book, but if I can’t, I have to be honest about it.
- I am not responsible or legally liable over any damage(s) arising from any of my book reviews.
I endorse Blog With Integrity and will abide by the terms and conditions when I agree to publish a book review/author interview/guest blog post/blog tour stop. Thank you for reading my review policy. For any further inquiries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!